JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+19
Clone of ggctuk
Ricard
Dead Ringer of Prometheus
Nemesis
Delorean90
Thor
AI
nightscape94
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
Lucas, prepare to die!
sf1_freeze
Ching Chong Ding Dong
Spirit of King Mark
Trent B's Ghost
Stefan's Ghoest
Upended Quint
Sideways Koray
crocodile's skeleton
Andreas
23 posters

JWFAN.NET Status

Ricard

JWFAN.NET Status  - Page 6 Empty Re: JWFAN.NET Status

Post  Ricard Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:09 am

sf1_freeze wrote:Isn't there at least a backup of several years ago???
    On the Internet Archive you'll find the news, articles, interviews, concert reviews, release lists etc available on the website up until February 24, 2011:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20110224233942/http://www.jwfan.com/

Not much from the forums sadly.

EDIT: Many of the reviews, analyses and complete cue lists from the mid-00s can be found there also. I will add them back to the website whenever it's online, but most of the cue lists have been outdated by more recent info available on the forums.

Last edited by Ricard's Corpse on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:22 am

Another reason why I'm visiting this temp forum less and less is because I just can't be doing with how freakin' farcical the whole thing is. I cringe when I read the latest updates here, and if I was drunk I'd be really bloody annoyed.

But I'm not.

Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 am

If this means I lose my 40.000, let me capitalize that FORTY-THOUSAND posts, then i cannot forgive him, I will hex him, and forever he shall be known as faithless and acursed. Lower even then the lowest Zimmer fan!
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

Ricard's Corpse wrote:
    sf1_freeze wrote:Isn't there at least a backup of several years ago???
    On the Internet Archive you'll find the news, articles, interviews, concert reviews, release lists etc available on the website up until February 24, 2011:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20110224233942/http://www.jwfan.com/

Not much from the forums sadly.

EDIT: Many of the reviews, analyses and complete cue lists from the mid-00s can be found there also. I will add them back to the website whenever it's online, but most of the cue lists have been outdated by more recent info available on the forums.

I was able to get some stuff from some of the forums, Jays OP for his "Label Release Details" Thread, and some of the Chronological Score lists.

Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 am

No one will be very happy at starting over, especially myself.

It makes me wonder with 3 days and Jack not paying the bill if he spent the money on something else. If he did, that would be VERY VERY wrong. I just wish he would quit ignoring everyone.

That man needs to grow a bigger pair of balls, answer the three of you and get this situation behind him and do some major growing up.

I was about to post him a message on his wall, which I think went through. I can't get to his page now , through on Facebook I think he put me on block and deleted me off my friends list. Just shows you how much is truly cares about this place.
    Joe Brausam
    Joe Brausam

Post  Joe Brausam Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 am

Trent B's Ghost wrote:No one will be very happy at starting over, especially myself.

It makes me wonder with 3 days and Jack not paying the bill if he spent the money on something else. If he did, that would be VERY VERY wrong. I just wish he would quit ignoring everyone.

That man needs to grow a bigger pair of balls, answer the three of you and get this situation behind him and do some major growing up.

I was about to post him a message on his wall, which I think went through. I can't get to his page now , through on Facebook I think he put me on block and deleted me off my friends list. Just shows you how much is truly cares about this place.

Woah.

When you mentioned this I went to check my Facebook to at least see if your post went through...and as it turned out he has removed me from his friend's list too. He must have done this very recently, because as late as this morning I can recall seeing him on Facebook chat as available.

It looks like he kept Jason on his friends list, at least.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 am

For now...
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:11 am

I'm sorry if I started something bad. I generally can keep a cool level head but when it comes to my friends, their money and a situtaiton that is dragging on endlessly when it DOES NOT need to be I eventually get pretty pissed off. The fact that he won't respond to anyone from here on JWFAN yet is constantly on Facebook daily and posts nearly daily is REALLY extremely rude. I know most may not say something about it but I will. I eventually get tired of when something like this gets dragged on when it doesn't need to be.

Jack needs to grow a pair of balls, grow up and get that damn bill paid and the information to Jason, Andreas and Ricard.

Again I'm sorry if I started something bad but enough is enough of this shit.
    Joe Brausam
    Joe Brausam

Post  Joe Brausam Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 am

At least he hasn't blocked me on twitter. Rolling Eyes

This really is ridiculous, he's messing with stuff that someone else OWNS. He doesn't own the site. It's not his place to string people along.
    The fact that he's been given plenty of time to pay the bills on his own, and has been given the opportunity to pay it with someone else's money and has yet to do anything...it's just infuriating.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:35 am

Hey guys, Jack sent me some messages today. He tells me that he entered the payment info into 1&1 yesterday. I still see nothing indicating that in my paypal account but maybe it just takes a little bit to process. I have asked him to look into the matter and send me screenshots showing the current status as 1&1 shows.

In the meantime, please stop writing on his facebook wall, spamming his twitter, or sending him any other negative messages on any other medium. It accomplishes nothing whatsoever. He knows he messed up and he is doing what he can to fix everything. The site should be back soon now. A little more patience is necessary. Thank you.
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

"cue cheesy stock clapping and cheering sound effects"
    Andreas

Post  Andreas Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Important:

When jwfan.net is alive, and Jacks server is back online:
    Copy so many data, pictures, text... to your harddisk as you can.
    To Ricard, Jason (all admin on the messageboard/website): Give the
    account "Andreas" admin rights. Hope I can begin a first
    copy of the data over the messageboard himself.
    But after all I need a root account on the server to take a
    complete backup.
    Not that we do not get root account and the server is offline again after a few days.
    Stores all data which can be found!!!!

Thanks.

Andreas

Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc wrote: He knows he messed up and he is doing what he can to fix everything. The site should be back soon now. A little more patience is necessary. Thank you.

That is very kind of you Jason, but this could have been settled WEEKS ago. So unless he had serious personal issues, like his leg falling of, or his dog dying, I really can't see how he has shown that he's interested in fixing the problem....

Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:
    That is very kind of you Jason, but this could have been settled WEEKS ago. So unless he had serious personal issues, like his leg falling of, or his dog dying, I really can't see how he has shown that he's interested in fixing the problem....

I agree with Steef in this matter.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc wrote:
    In the meantime, please stop writing on his facebook wall, spamming his twitter, or sending him any other negative messages on any other medium. It accomplishes nothing whatsoever. He knows he messed up and he is doing what he can to fix everything. The site should be back soon now. A little more patience is necessary. Thank you.
    Jason, as always you are the consummate gentleman and all round good bloke. What you say is right, but please understand that not all of us are as reasonable and patient as you are. It's not a failing, but a passion. Jack didn't do himself any favours at all during this whole sorry saga. However, if you and he manage to resolve this situation then I'll openly apologise to Jack and I'll mean every word of it.

I just wonder if my "helpful words" to his Twitter account last night are what finally got the ball rolling.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Told you I did. Reckless is he.

(Is it considered a faux pas to quote SW films now that these new improved Blu-Ray versions are about to be released?)

Karol
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

He deleted me on Facebook too. I never even talked to the guy!
    The Kami of ChrusherComix
    The Kami of ChrusherComix

Post  The Kami of ChrusherComix Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

This forum seems to work well for me. Heck if it can save Ricard and the gang a few bucks, keep it and just keep the main page updated for new/notes/releases and such like always. Domain names and decent hosting are fairly cheap (without the humongous message board demanding so much storage space), so IMO, a forum like this should be more than adequate. It's very clean and smooth as far as free forums go.
    Andreas

Post  Andreas Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 am

The Kami of ChrusherComix wrote:This forum seems to work well for me. Heck if it can save Ricard and the gang a few bucks, keep it and just keep the main page updated for new/notes/releases and such like always. Domain names and decent hosting are fairly cheap (without the humongous message board demanding so much storage space), so IMO, a forum like this should be more than adequate. It's very clean and smooth as far as free forums go.

And then you are depending from Forumotion.com.
    I was asked if I would like to take over the hosting again. But it will cost some money. If it is not desired, I will retire again. While there is already a new server for the web page but the costs are still manageable.

Andreas
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:08 am

Andreas, we would love for you to take over hosting duties once again, with the help of real, regular donations from the community.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 am

Yes, always trust the Germans!
    Andreas

Post  Andreas Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 am

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:Yes, always trust the Germans!

Oh no, better not. Very Happy

Andreas
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 am

If the cost is still the aforementioned $30 a month, then I don't see how there will be an issue.
    Andreas

Post  Andreas Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Sideways Koray wrote:If the cost is still the aforementioned $30 a month, then I don't see how there will be an issue.

Yes about 30 dollar. I will post all calculations on the messageboard.

More when the website is back online and transfer to a new server.

Andreas

Last edited by Andreas on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 pm

30 gold pieces or dollars?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:23 am