JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+2
ChrisAfonso
Spirit of King Mark
6 posters

NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release)

Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release) Empty NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release)

Post  Spirit of King Mark Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:50 am

John Williams: On Willows and Birches, Concerto for Harp and Orchestra
    "A previously unreleased live recording of On Willows and Birches, Concerto for Harp and Orchestra written by Boston Pops Laureate Conductor John Williams for former BSO Principal Harpist Ann Hobson Pilot, is now available for purchase. The orchestral work was recorded live at Symphony Hall on October 3, 2009 and features the Boston Symphony Orchestra led by former BSO Assistant Conductor Shi-Yeon Sung. The recording is available in three digital formats: 320kbps MP3, AIFF High Definition Stereo, and WMA High Definition Stereo."

Full details a the BSO website:
    http://www.bso.org/bso/mods/content1.jsp?id=46200012

Anyone bought this?

I don't feel like randomly giving my credit card account number to random sites
    ChrisAfonso
    ChrisAfonso

NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release) Empty Re: NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release)

Post  ChrisAfonso Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:38 am

I did, under the assumption that the BSO is not evil.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release) Empty Re: NEWS: John Williams' 'On Willows And Birches' (Concerto for Harp and Orchestra) Released Digitally (New Release)

Post  Spirit of King Mark Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am

I try to limit the number of websites I give my credit card number to. I only have a few and PayPal. This way I have less chance of getting an email one day some data bank was hacked and I should contact my credit card company
    Miguel Andrade

Post  Miguel Andrade Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 am

The BSO store has my credit card data for years now, and I never had any problem with them -- or with anyone else for that matter.
    Anyway, you can wait for this to be released on iTunes later on.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:55 am

I have yet to listen to it, but it's great that it is available in lossless.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 am

Is the lossless format they have it in (WMA 88khz) easily convertible to MP3 for ipod listening?
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 am

I have Free Mp3 Wma Converter, it was no problem to convert it to FLAC, so it won't be a problem with mp3 too.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 am

Bought this off iTunes today. I like it.

Karol
    ChrisAfonso
    ChrisAfonso

Post  ChrisAfonso Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 am

After many repeated listenings I have to say that the first movement is somewhat difficult to get into at first, but it grows on you, while the second is great, energetic, very accessible, and lots of fun Smile This was 2,50€ well spent.
    (Now release the viola concerto already!)
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:07 am

Miguel Andrade wrote:The BSO store has my credit card data for years now, and I never had any problem with them -- or with anyone else for that matter.
    Anyway, you can wait for this to be released on iTunes later on.

That's what I'll do.

Anyone know when the iTunes release is?
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:09 am

Nevermind, see that iTunes has already released it. Buying now. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 am