JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+4
Ricard
Upended Quint
Lucas, prepare to die!
crocodile's skeleton
8 posters

The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread

crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread Empty The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 pm

So I guess new Superman costume IS different after all. I like it actually. And Cavill looks the part.

Un-Karol
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread Empty Re: The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:20 pm

ugh, i have burton's nighmares seeing it.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread Empty Re: The Un-Official Snyder's Man of Steel thread

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Nah, you're exaggerating. If one has to really "update" it, then this is not the bad way to do it. Besides he kind of looks very much like the new revamped Superman costume in comic books. What I like about it is that it shows a more developed musculature, but not in a cheesy Batman 1989-1997 kind of way. Superman I know from childhood is much bulkier than Christopher Reeve.

It is red blue and yellow (yeah, I know.. too dark). It has a cape (and rather long one this time). It is more alien looking (which makes sense). And the actor looks very much like Superman (and he's an alright actor too). Feels like Superman and not in a cheesy way. I'm fine with it.

Karol
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:08 pm

With the cloak, I like it.
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:16 pm

crocodile's skeleton wrote:So I guess new Superman costume IS different after all.
    That is simply disgusting.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Is it worse then Indy's tie in TLC? Wink
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:47 pm

That is hard to tell.
    nightscape94
    nightscape94

Post  nightscape94 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 am

With the cape I guess it looks okay. It's difficult to get a good idea when we see it from a camera phone posted on the internet. Once it's on the big screen, in the context of the movie, and it appears more cinematic, then we'll know.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 am

I have near 0 interest in this

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:13 am

on the bright side I just had the biggest Johnnygasm I've had in ages.

I just got the new Superman Movie Anthology Blu set today for my upcoming birthday.

I put on the original theatrical release of Superman with the 2.0 audio. Cranked it up and there was the

ORIGINAL SOUND.

OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT A POWERFUL JOHNNYGASM.

I know that doesn't make a bit of difference to some of you but this is one of my three most favorite films ever and the new versions I have on dvd and blu prior to this release did not have the corrected sound. It always sounded wrong.

When that Big Superman S hit the screen IT EXPLODED ON THE SCREEN. It was awesome. I thought I was going to blow a gasket.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 am

Did your armchair shudder satisfyingly as the S CLANGED into place? I love that.

On another note: Does anyone else keep having issues with this friggin' message board not loading?
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:47 am

I think with out the cape the suite doesn't look that great. However, I am enclined to agree with Luke that it looks too close to Tim Burton's version...scary.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am