JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

4 posters

NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times

Ricard

NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times Empty NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times

Post  Ricard Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 am

'John Williams Lets His Muses Carry Him Along'
    "I never experienced anything like a block. For me if I’m ever blocked or I feel like I don’t quite know where to go at the next turn, the best thing for me is to keep writing, to write something. It could be absolute nonsense, but it will project me into the next phase of thinking. And I think if we ourselves as writers get out of the way and let the flow happen and not get uptight about it, so to speak, the muses will carry us along."
    Full article:
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/john-williams-lets-his-muses-carry-him-along/

'Musical Titan Honors His Heroes'
    The idea of placing a bust of Copland on the grounds was proposed to Mr. Williams 20 years ago by an executive of the Boston Symphony. Though the plan never came to fruition, Mr. Williams could not let the idea go, and each summer when he visited the campus it became stronger. “I began to think that not only Copland should be represented, but Koussevitzky,” he said. “And certainly Bernstein.”
    Full article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/arts/design/john-williams-honors-copland-bernstein-and-koussevitzky.html?_r=1

indy v4.2

NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times Empty Re: NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times

Post  indy v4.2 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:38 am

Cool article. I think it's great that Williams is doing this. Hopefully somebody will make a sculpture of him at some point.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times Empty Re: NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 am

He'll probably get his sculpture before all these other guys
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:06 am

You mean like this:

NEWS: Williams Interviews at NY Times Gramophone
    indy v4.2

Post  indy v4.2 Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Thor wrote:You mean like this:

Does anybody have this article? I'd love to read it.
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 pm

indy v4.2 wrote:
    Thor wrote:You mean like this:

Does anybody have this article? I'd love to read it.

Yes, I have that whole magazine. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner at the present time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm