JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

2 posters

YouTube Comments Hall of Fame

Kwisatz Haderach
    Kwisatz Haderach

YouTube Comments Hall of Fame Empty YouTube Comments Hall of Fame

Post  Kwisatz Haderach Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am

"Telescopes, astrolabes, calculus, we brought it to you for the good of mankind, you used it to go forth and create an Empire. But now you send out this Gervais to bore unsuspecting people to death with his comatose-inducing unfunniness? Look at the hit counter, already hundred of thousands have innocently clicked on this "best bits" video only to be gruesomely bored to death. How many more must die before Gervais is stopped? If we place him in a monkey-cage and post it to Trafalgar square, can you come and collect him before Friday?"

Kwisatz Haderach
    Kwisatz Haderach

YouTube Comments Hall of Fame Empty Re: YouTube Comments Hall of Fame

Post  Kwisatz Haderach Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 am

Ok, this is not a YouTube comment but this one is quite bizzare in itself Shocked

"Most of Monty Python is complete rubbish and the only people who like it are people in 4 by 4 cars who think they are middle class and have a dog. They assume that any idiot out of oxford or cambridge university is funny and highly intelligent and that they can have an intellectual conversation with their bank manager whilst negotiating a new mortgage on their 12 bedroom house in Teddington with new kitchen and bathroom. The men also insist on wearing their work rucksacks strapped to their back in the same way as they did when they were at school making them look extremely foolish. The women find it impossible to reverse their 4 by 4 when going to some silly coffee shop with their very annoying kids" ~ Kevin, Basildon, Essex

Dead Ringer of Prometheus
    Dead Ringer of Prometheus

Post  Dead Ringer of Prometheus Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:56 am

Some of the the funniest Youtube comments I've ever read come from a user called fremsley001. He hates the music of post-modern composers Emsley, Ferneyhough, Finnissy, and Stockhausen.

Finnissy began his pianistic career playing on Wednesday evenings at the Tulse Hill Home for the Profoundly Deaf. He eventually disowned the 'New Complexity' label that had attached itself to his music during the 70s and 80s, and in the 90s became a leading member of the "Making It Up As I Go Along" School. He is available for funerals and divorce court proceedings. In Who's Who, Finnissy lists his hobbies as "shouting at pigeons" and "humming an augmented fourth below my tinnitus".

Sounds like Liberace falling down a cliff.

Yes, it's the traditional English folk song "Johnny Cut His Balls Off With a Big Blunt Chisel (Hey-Nonny-Nonny)". It bears close thematic ties with "The Water is Wide (O Waly Waly) So We'd Better Cross via the A308 at Kingston Upon Thames".

I heard a similar piece played by drainage workmen on assorted hammers and shovels while stuck in roadworks on the A27 Chichester bypass on 22 July 2005. They appeared to be playing without sheet music, having committed the piece to memory - a staggering achievement - though at one point the foreman shouted to a young lad "Keep up, ye fookin slacker!!", indicative of the immense challenges faced by even these seasoned Ferneyhoughian contrapuntalists.

Ferneyhough writes of "creating a dynamically fertile perspectival multiplicity which would both intensify momentary expression and negate any tendency to dissociate the fragile contingency of local events and larger-scale formal organization from the effortful work involved in traversing (rather, that is, than leaping over) the disturbingly unstable and eruptive landscape of middleground speculation."

Pffffhh!! - and there was me thinking his music was just contrived shite.

"There would seem to be a limit, even for an art preoccupied with boundaries and transgressions, beyond which a work reaches its breaking point and becomes an actual failure, a mere experimentation".

Brian Ferneyhough

I couldn't have put it better myself, Brian.

Kwisatz Haderach
    Kwisatz Haderach

Post  Kwisatz Haderach Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Ferneyhough writes of "creating a dynamically fertile perspectival multiplicity which would both intensify momentary expression and negate any tendency to dissociate the fragile contingency of local events and larger-scale formal organization from the effortful work involved in traversing (rather, that is, than leaping over) the disturbingly unstable and eruptive landscape of middleground speculation."

Pffffhh!! - and there was me thinking his music was just contrived shite.

lol!
    Kwisatz Haderach
    Kwisatz Haderach

Post  Kwisatz Haderach Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

"So Beautiful!..,..a wailing, moaning , greiving banshee to a joyful, orgasmic, cooing, psycho bitch from hell, kind a song" ~ weeeeoooow
    The Great Gig in the Sky

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content