JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+8
Zombie Charlie Brigden
Henry Buck in Demon Form
Clone of ggctuk
Sideways Koray
Lucas, prepare to die!
Nemesis
Faleel's Essence
Spirit of King Mark
12 posters

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource Empty Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Post  Spirit of King Mark Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 am

So there's a new rip of Staff of Kings?

PM
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource Empty Re: Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Post  Faleel's Essence Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:17 am

king mark wrote:So there's a new rip of Staff of Kings?

PM

Its the PSP rip unfortunately.

(Are the rules here the same as on the ACTUAL jwfan?)
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource Empty Re: Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Post  Spirit of King Mark Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 am

ah..
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:11 am

Faleel J Morricone wrote:(Are the rules here the same as on the ACTUAL jwfan?)

I think we should respect these rules too at this place.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 pm

well that's up to koray.

I dont need open posts with links, but just talk about unnoficial material, i dont see a problem...
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 am

I don't consider this a different site from Ricard's original, just an extension. Same rules apply. You can talk, but don't post download links, sites, etc.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:14 am

I think I can agree with that in the interim until we get the real JWFan back.

Since I can't ask everything I want here, I'll restrict myself to one question: which is the best recording to use for the clean opening to the ToD credits? I have the Royal Philharmonic recording and the City of Prague recording, but there must also be others to check out.

Last edited by ggctuk_clone on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:28 am

i dont think there are, in fact, i only knew the prague recording existed...
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 am

City of Prague was featured on the soundtrack "Indiana Jones - New Recordings of the Old Scores", and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was featured on a HMV-exclusive CD. The latter is the one I'm using. For whatever reason, others prefer to use statements from the Finale instead for that missing bit.

Last edited by ggctuk_clone on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Henry Buck in Demon Form
    Henry Buck in Demon Form

Post  Henry Buck in Demon Form Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:47 am

I got pretty good results with a DVD rip of the rear channels. Much better than using an entirely different recording in my opinion.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:03 am

It's okay if you have the tracks all together, but I like having mine separate, so sadly a DVD rip won't do in this case. The RPO one is the best-sounding one, but I haven't heard any other takes aside from those two.

EDIT: And, also, where does the End Credits start in the Last Crusade? I'm told it starts at 2:27 but that doesn't make sense in respect to 13M4/14M1. I think it starts with the snare hit after 2:35.

Last edited by ggctuk_clone on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 am

I did the same and it works pretty well, I tried with the Prague and it just doesn't meld well at all.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:45 am

Clone of ggctuk wrote:I think I can agree with that in the interim until we get the real JWFan back.

Since I can't ask everything I want here, I'll restrict myself to one question: which is the best recording to use for the clean opening to the ToD credits? I have the Royal Philharmonic recording and the City of Prague recording, but there must also be others to check out.

I used the Royal Philarhmonic and kept the edit to this day

Sounds almost as good as if we had the actual End Credits .But you need to use only the first 15 seconds

also I keep Return to the Village and End Credits separate ,so the edit works better
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 am

Yep, I use the first seconds, then the DVD rip, then the rest from the Concord set.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 am

Clone of ggctuk wrote:EDIT: And, also, where does the End Credits start in the Last Crusade? I'm told it starts at 2:27 but that doesn't make sense in respect to 13M4/14M1. I think it starts with the snare hit after 2:35.

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/2008/11/indiana-jones-and-last-crusade-1989.html
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:32 am

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc wrote:
    Clone of ggctuk wrote:EDIT: And, also, where does the End Credits start in the Last Crusade? I'm told it starts at 2:27 but that doesn't make sense in respect to 13M4/14M1. I think it starts with the snare hit after 2:35.

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/2008/11/indiana-jones-and-last-crusade-1989.html

Thanks.

I thought it might have started there, but the Resource listed 13M4/14M1 as being 2:27 and not 2:07. That's where the confusion arose.
    Hector Barbossa
    Hector Barbossa

Post  Hector Barbossa Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 am

The psp rip of Staff of Kings has no unreleased music.

Only the game composer's garba - uhm i mean score.

-Alexander
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 am

Do the other versions of the game have unreleased music?
    Hector Barbossa
    Hector Barbossa

Post  Hector Barbossa Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:31 am

Clone of ggctuk wrote:Do the other versions of the game have unreleased music?

Aye.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:35 am

Hector Barbossa wrote:
    Clone of ggctuk wrote:Do the other versions of the game have unreleased music?

Aye.

What are the highlights of those pieces? In any case, I can't see the game remaining unrippable - those guys on FFShrine have cracked quite a few that were thought to be impossible.
    Hector Barbossa
    Hector Barbossa

Post  Hector Barbossa Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:39 am

Aye but this one be uncrackable.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:45 am

Hector Barbossa wrote:Aye but this one be uncrackable.

No such thing in the world of computers - whatever security they come up with, somebody will always, always come up with a way to crack that. It'll take time, but it won't remain uncrackable forever, I can guarantee that.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:53 pm

but if crackers are not interested in the game it wont be done.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Fair point.

I'm working on TOD at the moment. Is there a place I can get mockups of missing cues, and whereabouts do I start using the LEGO game audio for The Rope Bridge?
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 am

Clone of ggctuk wrote:Fair point.

I'm working on TOD at the moment. Is there a place I can get mockups of missing cues, and whereabouts do I start using the LEGO game audio for The Rope Bridge?

I started a mockup thread, but I guess that sort of activity will only be practiced on the actual board.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am