JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

4 posters

3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Empty 3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Shipping Wednesday September 7th from Intrada, available to pre-order now:

3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Explorers1
    EXPLORERS (Limit 1 per customer)

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 180
    Date: 1985
    Tracks: 33
    Time = 77:28

At last! Courtesy both UMG & Paramount Pictures, Intrada is proud to present world premiere release of complete Jerry Goldsmith score for 1985 Joe Dante fantasy-fable, starring Ethan Hawke, River Phoenix, Jason Presson. Oft considered Goldsmith's most exciting and evocative work for Dante, composer anchors rich score around magnificent soaring theme suggesting flight, then surrounds with exciting adventure material. Original MCA album featured just 30 minutes of scoring highlights plus three songs but now there is so much more to be savored: haunting melody for Dick Miller character, warm Americana music for three boys (featuring harmonica!), cool music for creation of "bubble", metallic action music for spider attack on alien planet, much more! Major new highlight: "Home Flight" sequence, including richly nostalgic music as trio watches spacecraft slowly sink into river - showcasing Goldsmith's gift for writing lean, transparent string music. Cue is warm, emotional, exquisite! Every note of score Goldsmith recorded appears from mint condition multi-track stereo masters stored in Paramount vaults, all courtesy magnificent engineering of Bruce Botnick. Extras include "Space Movie" by Alexander Courage, for fun sequence at drive-in. Notes by Jeff Bond illuminate production & scoring. Jerry Goldsmith conducts. Intrada Special Collection release limited to 3000 copies!

The Album
    01. Main Title (Unused Version with “Wak’s Boogie”) 0:51
    02. Main Title (Film Version) 0:47
    03. The First Dream 0:58
    04. Sticks And Stones 2:23
    05. Lori/Intervention 0:50
    06. Home 2:10
    07. The Bubble 1:47
    08. “Sci-Fi” Flick/The Roof-Top 2:04
    09. Crazed Bubble/Fuse Box 2:44
    10. Free Ride 3:43
    11. Peek-A-Boo 1:53
    12. The Prospect 1:40
    13. The Construction 2:35
    14. The Thunder Road 1:25
    15. First Flight 3:03
    16. No Air 2:34
    17. I Want To Live 1:42
    18. Time For Bed 1:36
    19. More Dreams/Dreams 1:45
    20. Let’s Go 1:44
    21. Fast Getaway 4:58
    22. Wait Up 1:00
    23. The Spider 0:56
    24. Alien Love Call 0:57
    25. We Come In Peace 2:04
    26. She Likes Me 2:39
    27. Neek Chords 0:19
    28. Looks Real 2:03
    29. Space Pirates 0:32
    30. Gifts/Home Flight 5:21
    31. Have A Nice Trip 8:03

Total Album Time: 70:08

The Extras
    32. Tannhauser Overture [Excerpt] (Richard Wagner) 4:04
    33. Space Movie (Alexander Courage) 3:02

Total Extras Time: 7:09

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7064/.f

Available to order and shipping Tuesday September 13th from La-La Land:

ALL HAIL THE PONY TAIL!

I summon the Cult of Jerry to pay heed to this announcement:

Tuesday, Sept 13, 2011 at 1 pm PST La-La Land Records is honored to announce not one, BUT TWO scores composed by our beloved Maestro

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY (EXPANDED)
    Music by Jerry Goldsmith
    LLLCD 1181
    Limited Edition of 3500 units

Reissue Produced by Nick Redman and Didier C. Deutsch
    Score Restoration by Mike Matessino
    Mastered by Daniel Hersch at d2 Mastering
    Liner Notes by Julie Kirgo
    Art Direction by Jim Titus

Retail Price: $19.98

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox and Sony Music, announces a newly remastered and expanded edition of one of Jerry Goldsmith’s finest thriller scores of the 1990’s. Clocking in at 54:31, this new version features over 15 minutes of never before released music. Insightful liner notes by Julie Kirgo and fantastic art direction by Jim Titus highlight this fine addition to any self-respecting Goldsmith Cult Member’s collection.

(Please note Van Morrison’s “BROWN EYED GIRL” is NOT featured on this release) 3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Frown

FOREVER YOUNG EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION
    Music by Jerry Goldsmith
    LLLCD 1182
    Limited Edition of 3000 units

Reissue Produced by MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland
    Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger
    Art Direction by David C. Fein

Retail Price: $19.98

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros are happy to announce the next release in our EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION, Jerry Goldsmith’s romantic score to FOREVER YOUNG. This remastered and expanded version runs 74:37 – its jam packed with some of the maestro’s most adventurous and romantic themes he composed in the latter half of his career. New album features film versions and album versions of the score, as well as bonus material including alternates and deleted cues. The 20 page booklet features liner notes by Daniel Schweiger detailing the score, the films history and an insightful interview with the film’s director, Steve Miner. David C Fein’s art direction highlights the blue in Mel’s once dreamy eyes and brings a sense of romance to this beautiful score.

(Please note Billie Holiday’s “THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU” IS featured on this release) 3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Smile

SPECIAL OFFER: Buy both titles directly from the La La Land Records website and recieve a $5 discount
    (Offer expires Sept 26, 2011)

See y’all back here on Sept 13 at 1 pm PST.

ALL HAIL THE PONY TAIL!

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Empty Re: 3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 am

Explorers is now SOLD OUT at Intrada.

Copies still available at:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16291/EXPLORERS-3000-EDITON/

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M08078/explorers-expanded/
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week Empty Re: 3 new Jerry Goldsmith expansions coming this week

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 am

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc wrote:Explorers is now SOLD OUT at Intrada.

Copies still available at:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16291/EXPLORERS-3000-EDITON/

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M08078/explorers-expanded/

All ready!? Fuck that's as fast as Predator! (no pun intended). Placed an order with Peter so I could get a copy, shit.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:01 am

What pun are you referring to?
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 am

I got a copy of Explorers from SAE yesterday.

I'd expect this one to sell out fast
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 am

Both SAE and MovieMusic have put a 1 copy per customer limitation on.

Neither store is going to have remaining stock for long!
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:10 am

Explorers being fast as a Predator. I know it's dumb.
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:17 am

I ordered "Explorers" from the Intrada website 16 hours ago.

Does "Your order no. 636-106262SO has been received" mean that I will actually get my copy?
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 am

Nevermind, I just read Doug's post.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:38 am

Yea, if it allowed you to complete your order from before the new message went up, then you will get one of the original 3000 copies

Post  Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:39 am

oh it's not a Star Trek the Motion Picture ultimate edition.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:48 am

I got a copy in through Peter. Glad he still had some and glad he's limited it to 1 per customer.

I'm expecting some more money in hopefully by tomorrow and I can get Peter paid for Explorers and MV paid for the Star Trek TNG Volume 1.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 am