JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

Hans Zimmer mourns the death of real orchestral music

John Williams

Hans Zimmer mourns the death of real orchestral music Empty Hans Zimmer mourns the death of real orchestral music

Post  John Williams Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:54 am

Hans Zimmer wrote:It’s absolutely ridiculous. Look, one of my big things in life is, I like using real orchestras. I like supporting real orchestras. The way the music industry has run itself into the ground … you know the last place on Earth that really on a daily basis commissions orchestral music is Hollywood. Whatever horrible things you want to say about Hollywood — which are all true — you can’t take away this idea that it’s the last place on Earth that actually supports orchestral music. And I think, it’s just a thought I have, you know, if we lose the orchestra it’s not just about these musicians and their families and their livelihood. You know the loss of the orchestra would be such a rift in our … such a tear into our culture. We as humanity would lose a lot more.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/hans-zimmer-defends-musicians-taylor-swift-2014-11/

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm