JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+4
Lucas, prepare to die!
The Black Rabbit of Inlè
Spirit of King Mark
Ricard
8 posters

NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release)

Ricard

NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release) Empty NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release)

Post  Ricard Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 am

Not With My Wife, You Don’t! Vol. 2—Original Soundtrack (1966)
    FSM reissued the LP re-recording of Not With My Wife, You Don’t! in March 2006. The album program offered a unique and delightful listening experience in its own right, but this CD offers the premiere release of the nearly-complete original film tracks, derived from the original ½″ three-track scoring masters.

Numerous film stills decorate the 16-page booklet, surrounding an essay on film and score by FSM’s “resident Williams authority,” Jeff Eldridge. Not With My Wife, You Don’t! overflows with wit and the contemporary sensibility of film-scoring’s most celebrated maestro. Even fans with Vol. 1 already in their collection will need to buy this sequel because, like Virna Lisi’s character in the film, they will want “two of everything.” One can never have too much John Williams.
    Full details, including audio samples, at Film Score Monthly
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/cds/detail.cfm/CDID/478

Last edited by Ricard on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release) Empty Re: NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release)

Post  Spirit of King Mark Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 am

Pre-1970 Williams comedy scores are the only ones I don't systematically buy
    The Black Rabbit of Inlè

NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release) Empty Re: NEWS: FSM Releases John Williams' 'Not With My Wife, You Don't!' Original Tracks (New Release)

Post  The Black Rabbit of Inlè Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 am

Spirit of King Mark wrote:Pre-1970 Williams comedy scores are the only ones I don't systematically buy
    Go post on FSM, then, hater.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 am

any news in how is this one selling?

i cant buy it at the moment...
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

It will be in print for quite a while, no worries
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I love this score. Breezy, jazzy, fun. But I only need the previous LP program. I'm waiting anxiously for the next UNRELEASED Williams score. For example, there are more worthwhile scores in the same genre worth releasing -- like GIDGET GOES TO ROME.
    The Kami of ChrusherComix
    The Kami of ChrusherComix

Post  The Kami of ChrusherComix Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:56 am

Got mine today, but it stays sealed for Christmas.

Maybe.

But The Black Hole will be taking all of my listens....
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 am

I ordered it together with one copy of Explorers.
    Man would I hate it if I would be a speculator......
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 pm

This type of Williams title never sells out very fast. I'll probably be around for a few years

But I was right to order Explorers on the first day

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 pm