JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+22
The Kami of ChrusherComix
Drax
Clone of ggctuk
Faleel's Essence
Ricard
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
Night Of The Living Roald
walking dead hornist
ChrisAfonso
Merkel
Jeff
Trent B's Ghost
nightscape94
Lucas, prepare to die!
Zombie Charlie Brigden
Maurizio's Halo
Stefan's Ghoest
Henry Buck in Demon Form
crocodile's skeleton
Sideways Koray
Upended Quint
Spirit of King Mark
26 posters

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Empty More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Spirit of King Mark Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:59 pm

This forum can't be complete without Prequel/Special Editions bashing thread

now the best moment of Return of the Jedi is ruined

http://collider.com/star-wars-blu-ray-changes/112284/
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Upended Quint Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:04 pm

No fucking way. Surely you can't be serious?
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Sideways Koray Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Wouldn't it be great if it was all a joke and the set comes with the theatrical editions?
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Wait, wait. Wasn't Han Solo a lizard in one of the first concepts? I hope they replace him so that the films could closer to the original vision.

LOL by the way. I hope the "Nooooooo!" is actually in there. Wink

Karol
    Henry Buck in Demon Form
    Henry Buck in Demon Form

Post  Henry Buck in Demon Form Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Also: Wicket the Ewok has animated, blinking eyes and Sebulba mugs for the camera in Jabba's Palace.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Vader unmasked now looks like William H. Macy!

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Bluray01
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:44 pm

That's not official... is it?

Karol
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:46 pm

I honestly have no idea...

Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 pm

The raping of the legacy is complete. All that remains now is a spent carcass, a mangled mess of meddling.

If Star Wars was a dog then it would be the poor mutt in the Fly 2.
    Maurizio's Halo
    Maurizio's Halo

Post  Maurizio's Halo Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Disgusting, but hardly unexpected.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Upended Quint wrote:The raping of the legacy is complete. All that remains now is a spent carcass, a mangled mess of meddling.
    Technically speaking, there are, as you probably know, people, who have an intercourse with a corpse so I guess it's not over yet. All you need is an anniversary or yet another format.

But, seriously, I don't care about SW anymore.

Welcome to Maurizio btw! Smile

Karol
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:45 pm

crocodile's skeleton wrote:
    Upended Quint wrote:The raping of the legacy is complete. All that remains now is a spent carcass, a mangled mess of meddling.
    Technically speaking, there are, as you probably know, people, who have an intercourse with a corpse so I guess it's not over yet. All you need is an anniversary or yet another format.

But, seriously, I don't care about SW anymore.

Karol

Thankfully you're not one of the people who doesn't care about SW but loves to tell everyone within earshot (or modem-shot as it were) how much they don't care about SW.

This is ridiculous, but none of us can pretend that we didn't see it coming a mile off.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Does that mean you're back? Smile

Karol
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:48 pm

Yep Smile
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Good, I'm glad.

Karol
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm

this can't be true, heck, he did it in the 1997 ESB with the emperor-luke scream and he retracted from it in the 2004 edition...

The TPM CGI is great but this?????

I hope its just some joke. They even corrected the wrong 2004 lightsabers Sad

I was going to buy this set dammit.

If its true then its (yet) another marketing ploy to make us buy the set once the issues are corrected...

I think the deleted scenes present on the Prequels DVDs are not in this set either, so you have to buy all...
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Luke's Force Ghost wrote:this can't be true, heck, he did it in the 1997 ESB with the emperor-luke scream and he retracted from it in the 2004 edition...
    What was that all about? I can't recall any changes in there.

Karol

Last edited by crocodile's skeleton on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 pm

crocodile's skeleton wrote:Good, I'm glad.

Karol

Thanks!
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:19 pm

crocodile's skeleton wrote:
    Luke's Force Ghost wrote:this can't be true, heck, he did it in the 1997 ESB with the emperor-luke scream and he retracted from it in the 2004 edition...
    What was that all about? I can't recall any changes in there.

Karol

when luke jumped in cloud city's shaft 'i'll never join you', he screamed like the emperor (same fx). it did not in the original nor in the never editions.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 pm

What's it all about, Charlie?
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Upended Quint wrote:What's it all about, Charlie?

About nine inches?
    nightscape94
    nightscape94

Post  nightscape94 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 am

The silence is the best part of that scene. Watching Vader go back and forth until he just acts. He doesn't need to say anything, we've been prepared for it, and we understand what is going on. It doesn't need to be spelled out.

Tim
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 am

George Lucas says you're wrong.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 am

No, you don't understand man. The moment he learned Padme was dead he ushered forth his famous NOOOOOOOO! and everything that was left of Anakin Skywalker died, he truly became Darth Vader.
    the NOOOOO! was the last gasp of Anakin, his final words in a galaxy far...far away. Up until the moment of his redemption, moments before his child is about to die, Anakin returns in despair, uttering the same words. This time the NOOOOO! is the victory of Anakin over Darth Vader. The Light Side of the Force over the Dark Side.

Or that's what Manuel will be claiming soon anyway....

Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 am

I hope this is a fake.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 am